Monday, April 16, 2012

DISCOMBOBULATED

It's the last "week" of classes and also the first part of finals "week." We have class today and tomorrow, Reading Day on Wednesday, and then finals on Thursday, Friday, Monday, and Tuesday. How nice.

Therefore, this will be a short post because I'm using it as a reward for getting stuff done. I'm also officially writing the Skunk Saga as an assignment for one of my classes (Pennie's class FTW) so I'll post that once I finish it. I have yet to start it. But the skunk(s) will have paws of fury.

I got cards from my childrens on my last day in my field placement. My favorite? The one that says "I will miss you" on the front with some really cool kind of abstract art. The inside? Blank. The back? Blank. Is there a name on it? No. I have no idea who it's from and there's only "I will miss you" written on the front. I love it.

We're getting ready to move out of our dorm and I've decided to make two lists.

Things I will miss about living in this dorm:
- The person that drives by every Saturday morning at 2:00am blasting Don't Stop Believin'. Every. Single. Saturday. It's one of my most favoritest things ever. It's probably lamppost-kicking guy* from freshman year who has moved on to bigger and louder things.
- Grandma-ing it in the back room. Kristen and I used to sit in lawn chairs (literal lawn chairs) in the back room and just watch the world go by out the window. We did this a lot when we were in Geology.
- Being able to walk inside to get to the coffee shoppe.
- Our poster shrines (House, Bones, Castle, Nathan Fillion, Doctor Who, miscellaneous)
- The Fail Wall
- The Drink Fridge and the Boy Fridge

Things I will not miss about living in this dorm:
- Sketchy water
- Sketchy hot water availability
- Clangy heat
- Kitchen on a different floor with zero counter space.
- The cable going out anytime the weather is anything other than sunny.
- Feeling like you're going to fall to your death when you lean back on your chair until you remember it rocks just enough to scare the crap out of you.
- Walking down the hallway to go potty.
- THE FERG CURSE.

I guess I should go back to doing work. I'll update the lists when I think of more things.

*Lamppost-kicking guy is a character from freshman year.  He was this guy that Yashka and I would watch from our window in Ferg. Most Saturdays in the early morning he would be walking back to the dorms and kick the lamppost outside the door repeatedly until it turned off. He used to do it ALL the TIME. We used to stay up just so we could watch him do it. We have no idea who he was, where he lived, or why he felt that he had to kick the light out every weekend but he did. The light would come back on like 10 minutes later but we don't think he knew that. It wasn't even angry kicking; he just kicked it until it went and then went on his merry way.

Out-of-Context Quotes from Whenever:

WINE GLASSES ARE MADE OUT OF BOOBS?!

Oh! My boobs are cold!
That's the first thing you noticed when you walked outside?

Oh, I get it. They lit the bed on fire. That's why they're sleeping in the chair.

I hate dick Fridays.

People? Are those people in the audience?
They're BABIES. TWINS. They're wearing diapers. THAT'S WHY THEY DON'T HAVE SHIRTS ON.

Look at us being healthy. I'm eating pistachios, you're eating almonds.
We're nuts.
100 points. I'm proud of you.

There were like four people with me in that cave that heard me!

No comments:

Post a Comment