Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Headlight Fluid

Today I went to Home Depot because I needed two 5-gallon buckets.

I grabbed two buckets and began walking toward the checkout. One of the employees asked if I needed any help or if he could help me find something. I said, "No, thanks. I'm just filtering my headlight fluid so I'm good" and held up the two buckets like, duh, I have everything I need right here.

He just kind of stared at me and his face looked like his brain was melting and screaming "DOES NOT COMPUTE." I thought it was pretty clear that if headlight fluid were a thing it would obviously need to be filtered. With two orange, 5-gallon buckets. Makes complete sense.

So he kind of walks away in a daze and I walk away too.

I arrive at the self-checkout. Another employee asks me if I found everything I needed. I decide I want to continue my reign as the Queen of Confusion and I said, "Yep! I'm filtering my headlight fluid and just needed 2 more buckets." He looked at me in approximately the same way the other guy did. His eyes didn't cross, though.

Then I hear laughter from behind me. There is a guy behind me who must have heard our exchange and realized what was going on. He wasn't even chuckling to himself; he was straight up lol-ing as if he had witnessed Nack falling down the stairs and yelling "COMIN' IN HOT!" The employee said, "You're doing WHAT?!" and I just smiled. He then realized I was full of shit.

The guy behind me was still laughing as the employee walked away. I turned to him and asked, "How did you know I was full of shit the first time?" He said, "Well, you're wearing a staff shirt from a day camp so I figured you must have a sense of humor in order to work at a camp all day." I told him he was exactly right and I left.

Heh heh.


Out-of-Context Quotes, Bitches

JESUS WANTS YOU TO SHUT UP

There's ants.
HAMMERS!

NO! My prints are on that!

...You guys said there was cider?

Wait, so where's that cider?


No comments:

Post a Comment