Friday, July 29, 2011

Prepare for judgment stares.

Today was pajama day at camp. We all wore pajamas, brought pillows and stuffed animals, watched two movies, then went to the pool. I realized as I jumped out of the pool that I didn't really plan ahead and I had no regular clothes to wear on my way home from camp. Which wouldn't be a big deal except that to-day it is Fri-day (yesterday was Thursday) and on Fridays I go to Starbucks after camp. Well, shift. My options are a one-piece bathing suit, pink plaid pajama pants, a grey (gray? grey?) tank top, and a monster pink fluffy robe.

I asked my campers if they thought people at Starbucks would judge me if I wore pajama pants over my bathing suit. They said yes. But whatever. I'm not about to NOT go to Starbucks because I'm wearing ridiculous things. So I throw on my pajama pants.

And realize my bathing suit is still pretty wet. So now it looks like I peed my pajama pants. But whatever. I'm not about to NOT go to Starbucks because I'm wearing ridiculous things and may or may not have peed my pants.

So I go to Starbucks. And I walk up to the counter in my bathing suit with my pee pants and two pairs of glasses on my head (because I had my glasses and my sunglasses, duh) with my hair wet holding an empty reusable cup (savetheearth!) and there was a new guy at the register. Excellent. He looks at me and looks...confused. I simply say, "Rough day. Can I get an iced grande vanilla nonfat latte in this magic cup?" And he says, "Uhh...sure."

Poor dude.

Then my mother calls me as I'm driving home. She reminds me that I need to go to the butcher to get super special hot dogs. Fantastic! More stares of wonder and confusion! Except it doesn't seem to faze the butcher. I like his outlook on life.

Out-of-context Quote of the Day:

"His name is Diego Leon. He was adopted by lions as a baby."

No comments:

Post a Comment